New World 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A safe haven for role-players.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 10 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:52 am
Latest topics
» Ideas for Forum Plot, and storyline.
Rank System EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 5:11 pm by Megatron

» Character Template [WIP]
Rank System EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 1:50 pm by Abel XIV

» Count Thread
Rank System EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 12:28 pm by Megatron

» Change of name
Rank System EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 12:31 am by Ray Ignazia

» Max Capacity
Rank System EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 3:33 am by Abel XIV

» Weapon Template [WIP]
Rank System EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 3:04 am by Abel XIV

» Ability Template [WIP]
Rank System EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 3:03 am by Abel XIV

» On Sources and Elements
Rank System EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 12:34 pm by Abel XIV

» Fate System
Rank System EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 11:49 am by Abel XIV

Rank System

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Abel XIV
Admin
Admin

Rank System Empty
PostSubject: Rank System   Rank System EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:28 pm

So, I had thought we could have a stat system similar to Haven's, yet, that does not limit the amount of abilities and weapons users can have, not only because it sucks, but also because it assumes that authority=asskicking and that's not true.

Thus, I had thought we should have a system that instead of providing you with a raise in the cap, provided you with abilities, weapon slots and authority, what is pretty logical. I'd say that every member should receive an ability+weapon slots for every rank up.

I'd also like to expand the possible ranks, branching the military ranks, expanding the civilian ranks and outlaw ranks and perhaps making each branch provide benefits that do not help directly in combat, but in other areas, such as being able to gather info with ease for being a spy for your country or sumethin'.

Whaddaya think?
Back to top Go down
Hawkeman92

Hawkeman92

Rank System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rank System   Rank System EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 7:52 pm

I like the idea of giving benefits to each type of rank like civilian, outlaw, military etc. I think that if each kind of rank had there own positive and negative things about them it would be a lot more interesting when choosing what exactly you want your character to be.

As for the other thing. I always liked the concept of trusting your RP partner not to god mod, although I can see lots of problems with it. I don't really like limitations at all but I understand the importance of preventing people going all dragon ball z and destroying a universe by yawning. If a system to limit characters is used I hope it's handled carefully, providing freedom for characters but not allowing things to get out of hand. In my opinion it might be one of the most difficult things to do.

... Yeah good luck with that ^_^|||
Back to top Go down
Ray Ignazia
Webmaster
Webmaster
Ray Ignazia

Rank System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rank System   Rank System EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 12:00 am

Well, we could influence ourselves with Skyrim and other kickass games. However, how about letting the leaders choose the ranks of the military-based people, and them demoting/promoting them if needed?
Back to top Go down
https://newworld2.rpg-board.net
Abel XIV
Admin
Admin

Rank System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rank System   Rank System EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 4:17 am

Skyrim?, Sorry, haven't played it. Didn't even know it had ranks so you'll have to explain further >.<"

And regarding leaders choosing people for their military... It is the most logical thing, however it has many problems that go associated to it.

First of all, it's a huge load on the leaders to go choosing who ranks up, who does not, who is accepted into the military... I know what I'm talking about, not in vain I ruled 2 countries at once...

Secondly, this could lead to favoritism, such as letting people who really don't have what it takes rank up when there are more capable people. Alright, if the leader does such things, he is gonna fall along with that people when I invade his country... Now that I think about it... This is a reason why the leaders should choose their army members (so they fall if they are not good enough, not because of me getting more domains >.>)...

Finally, this could lead to a lack of promotions / demotions. What if the leader is ill?, What about if he is just lazy?, A whole army cannot be paralyzed because of a person. It would ruin the fun of too many people.

Yet, indeed the leaders should be able to decide about who's being promoted and who's not. Thus, I want to propose a mixed system that allows the leaders to promote / demote as they wish but that also allows the army to run itself in case the leader cannot or does not want to. Thus, I propose the following system (I'll be using Haven's names for ranks for now):

For leader rank ups:
1.- There are no limited number of slots for each rank except Excidio, yet, there are proportions that must be met before ranking someone up:
1.1.- There must be at least 3 Nexus for each Chroma after the rank up is made (self-promoted Chroma do not count).
1.2.- There must be at least 2 Chroma for each Polaris after the rank up is made (self-promoted Polaris do not count).
1.3.- There can only be one Excidio for each 5 Polaris, 5 Chroma and 5 Nexus. If there are more Polaris, Chroma and Nexus the leader may choose a secondary Excidio and so on.

For self-promotions:
1.- Klingon Promotion is the golden rule. If you defeat in a superior in rank, you rank up to that person's rank and that person is demoted one rank. You cannot simply go and attack someone to rank up, you gotta talk with that someone both IC and OCC (or state you both did so IC already if you've agreed OCC and you are too lazy to do so IC like me) and set up an official ranking match in which you'll fight 1 vs 1 till one of you cannot continue. In case of a tie, the leader or one of the Excidio (all matches will take place on their presence) will decide the victor.
2.- You can take an special mission that can be checked by the leader, one of the Excidio or a staff. If none are present, a Polaris can do it. if you succeed, you'll rank up.
3.- You cannot become Excidio by defeating the current Excidio. The Excidio cannot let you occupy his position, for it is the leader's task to choose a new Excidio if the current steps down.
4.- You can become the leader if you beat the leader. That is the only way you can do so except for the leader allowing you to take his place.
Back to top Go down
Yandere

Yandere

Rank System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rank System   Rank System EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 9:13 am

first off, eww at the new board, I liked the last one a lot more. That aside, back on topic.

1. Your leader rank up system assumes you have lot's of players, which may not be the case for a long time.

2. the self promotion system is really no different than haven's, save for the klingon promotion thing... which I can see people not doing already.

This is one of those things where I suggest letting leaders set up their own military ranks as they so choose.
Back to top Go down
Kryn Cluskio

Kryn Cluskio

Rank System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rank System   Rank System EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 12:08 pm

Yandere wrote:
This is one of those things where I suggest letting leaders set up their own military ranks as they so choose.

Ray Kato wrote:
Well, we could influence ourselves with Skyrim and other kickass games. However, how about letting the leaders choose the ranks of the military-based people, and them demoting/promoting them if needed?

This is what I'm voting for as well. Sounds like a legit idea. I'm making a site in which this will be the case (wont be open for a long time). With this, the country leaders will have more to do than just carry the title of country leader around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rank System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rank System   Rank System Empty

Back to top Go down

Rank System
Page 1 of 1