New World 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A safe haven for role-players.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 10 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:52 am
Latest topics
» Ideas for Forum Plot, and storyline.
Proposition: Idea number 1 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 5:11 pm by Megatron

» Character Template [WIP]
Proposition: Idea number 1 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 1:50 pm by Abel XIV

» Count Thread
Proposition: Idea number 1 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 12:28 pm by Megatron

» Change of name
Proposition: Idea number 1 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 12:31 am by Ray Ignazia

» Max Capacity
Proposition: Idea number 1 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 3:33 am by Abel XIV

» Weapon Template [WIP]
Proposition: Idea number 1 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 3:04 am by Abel XIV

» Ability Template [WIP]
Proposition: Idea number 1 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 3:03 am by Abel XIV

» On Sources and Elements
Proposition: Idea number 1 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 12:34 pm by Abel XIV

» Fate System
Proposition: Idea number 1 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 11:49 am by Abel XIV

Proposition: Idea number 1

Go down 
+2
Sir Polypus
Ray Ignazia
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ray Ignazia
Webmaster
Webmaster
Ray Ignazia

Proposition: Idea number 1 Empty
PostSubject: Proposition: Idea number 1   Proposition: Idea number 1 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:08 pm

Okay, what I was thinking that this forum should be set into the near-future, after the supposed annihilation of mankind in 2012. The people who survived, discover that the solar flare has granted them abilities. Also, at the same time, extraterrestrials have managed to find earth (or now called X2-85), and have started sending some people there.

I think we could divide X2-85 into 5 distinct continents, and then the coverage of cities can be decided later. 2 of the continents will be uncharted, and overlords of the continents can go and fight to reclaim that territory.

That's just a little idea, if you guys like it then maybe we can expand it.
Back to top Go down
https://newworld2.rpg-board.net
Sir Polypus
Admin
Admin
Sir Polypus

PostSubject: Re: Proposition: Idea number 1   Proposition: Idea number 1 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 11:48 pm

Mmmm, I can't place it, but this sounds so familiar! Where did I last see this?

Aw, dang. It wasn't the obligatory 2012 disaster movie... at the tip of my thoughts, I swear. 2012 giving a bunch of people powers. Sounds like something I should know, but it slipped my mind.

Ah well. I'unno, I don't like the whole 2012 apocalypse thing. In twelve days we're all going to be feeling really silly about all this when no one's dead and no one has superpowers, don't you think? I like the aliens, though. Needs more aliens.

What's with X2-85, anyway? Sounds like a movie rating for the second X-Men movie, and that's just weird.

Five continents... it's not the nicest number. It's too uneven. Need more continents or fewer. Were they made by smashing up random old continents? Either way, I'm not sure how uncharted uncharted is supposed to be.

As for overlords, there should only be one overlord: Mine! I'm a loyal minion, you know. Can't serve two, but if there are loads of them, I can't pick, either. Indecisive, y'see. Say, why don't we have a mix? One guy gets to be an Evil Overlord, the rest can be kings and presidents and prime ministers and we can have a nice political grab bag. Which is to say, I help my overlord grab the whole bag.

Erm, I mean, all you other guys get to be nice and cooperative and democratic. Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Kryn Cluskio

Kryn Cluskio

PostSubject: Re: Proposition: Idea number 1   Proposition: Idea number 1 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 11:56 pm

While most of that was just babbling, he's right about the 2012 thing. It's too close to that date IRL to be interesting anymore. How about we push that date back a bit?

And the overlords thing, why can't there be some democracy or something?

Minion, I think by uncharted he meant unclaimed territory, but correct me if I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sir Polypus
Admin
Admin
Sir Polypus

PostSubject: Re: Proposition: Idea number 1   Proposition: Idea number 1 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 12:28 am

Most of it? I take offense to that. It was no more than half!

Anyway, do we even need the world to end? Do we even need it to be Earth? Most of the best Dark Lords aren't from Earth at all. We could have it on Alpha Centauri - nice sentient planet, plenty of psychic worms to fight or tame. Lovely army material.

Are we doing this stuff medieval or not? Bit weird to have full-on feudal lords in a future sort of place. It's like flying cars in 3000 BC or stone axes in 2050. Again, weird. Unless it's some post-apocalyptic thing where everyone's building off all the old high-tech junk.

All right, uncharted or unclaimed territory, whichever... lot of free space for an Evil Empire. Time to find an Overlord and get cracking. Maybe we'll find a pit full of lethal gold or the hidden kingdom of Shambhala down there.
Back to top Go down
Abel XIV
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Proposition: Idea number 1   Proposition: Idea number 1 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 7:01 am

Ugh... 2012 effects... No... Just no... When the idea was used on Haven, it turned me off a whole friggin' lot... Plus, using the typical "Oh shiz, the earth ended!!!1!!eleven!, Now we sparkly magical survivors rebuild it Very Happy!" is overused, the solar eruptions explain nothing, it forces all the races different than humans to be either mutants or alliens from other planets and the date is WAY to close.

Those are just some of the things that made the idea suck in Haven and will make it suck in here. Plus, I want to make a second RPGH, but I'm not copy-cating its background.

PD: X2-85?, Oh come on. Who the hell would name Their planet that way?, If the Earth indeed suffered an apocalypse such as 2012's, I really doubt we stopped calling our planet Earth because of that.
Back to top Go down
Hawkeman92

Hawkeman92

PostSubject: Re: Proposition: Idea number 1   Proposition: Idea number 1 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 7:33 am

Well it's only idea number 1. Hopefully We'll have a hundred more within time... Well maybe not a hundred @.@

Anyway as for my opinion. I don't think it's that bad but I believe we could do better. Might come back and give another opinion after I read a few more. After all it's always easier to judge something when you have something to compare it too.
Back to top Go down
Abel XIV
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Proposition: Idea number 1   Proposition: Idea number 1 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 8:34 am

Hawkeman92 wrote:
Well it's only idea number 1. Hopefully We'll have a hundred more within time... Well maybe not a hundred @.@

THAT. THAT IS THE F*CKING SPIRIT.

An applause for ya' Hawke *claps*. Everyone that does not give Hawke his very much deserved praise gets sent to the acid mines.
Back to top Go down
Yandere

Yandere

PostSubject: Re: Proposition: Idea number 1   Proposition: Idea number 1 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:26 am

Don't be so quick to go into continents. Start small and expand as you get more members.

Maybe start out with a single town and it's surrounding areas with different factions going at it. Instead of 1 person countries, make the factions act like something akin to cartels. Each with their own agenda and some background as to what drives them or why they have some sort of power over the city. Ofc, the government would be one of these factions. Props to you if you can make each faction intricate and interesting and not something cheap like "these are the good guys and these are the bad guys".
Back to top Go down
Ray Ignazia
Webmaster
Webmaster
Ray Ignazia

PostSubject: Re: Proposition: Idea number 1   Proposition: Idea number 1 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 7:53 pm

Hmm. Okay, I'll be writing some ideas down. meanwhile , you guys can contribute as well.

Thanks a lot for helping me make my dream of owning a rp site come true.
Back to top Go down
https://newworld2.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proposition: Idea number 1   Proposition: Idea number 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Proposition: Idea number 1
Page 1 of 1